Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas {decorating}

We have had these bulbs for a long time, but never put them on our Christmas tree because they get broken really easily by our kids. So they have sat in the Christmas box for a long time waiting till the kids were older... but this year I decided to use them a little differently. I bought these glass vases for Josh & Trina's wedding center pieces but they changed their plans and didn't use them so now I have some great new vases I can use for different seasonal decorating. They worked out great and I really like the shiny bulbs... it makes our home seem a little more festive. 




This is our BIRD family Christmas stocking which has gifts for Jesus inside. Each year our family gets together on Christmas Eve and has a party. In this stocking we each write a gift that we want to give Jesus for the year, which is kind of like a personal goal of something that we want to improve on or accomplish, then we put it in the stocking and then read them each year and decided whether we have done them or not. 

 I love to make ornaments. Each year I make a new set of ornaments (one for each person in our family) to hang on our tree. This year I made these plastic bulbs with each persons initials on them and I was going to put pictures of Jesus Christ inside, but Gales was all sold out so I will have to get them finished before next year. It is so much fun...





{12.12.11}



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the idea of adding some garland in with the bulbs in your vases. Cute!