Wednesday, May 18, 2011

{May pRojEcts}

 I can cross a few more things off my project list... but it doesn't ever get any shorter... because I keep adding things at the bottom.

I made this handstitched saying after I saw the one at Lindsey's reception that Lewaina had made. I hope she doesn't mind I copied her idea. {I love it} I look at it everyday on the shelf in my bedroom. I might have to redo it because I made the words a little too small.

 This {measuring stick} has been on my list for a long time. We have been marking the kids heights on the doorframe to the backroom, but I wanted something that we could take with us if we ever moved.

I took a 1x4x6
scuffed up the edges with the dremeltool
painted it brown
cut out vinyl numbers with the cricut
cut out small strips of different sizes using my paper cutter
stuck all the vinyl on the board {you can't see it very good in the picture}
painted antique white overtop
peeled the vinyl off
sanded the edges {so it would look aged}
added a flower at the bottom
and put some glaze over the top {so it would look more aged}
{i love it} now all I need to add is the kids old heights and their new heights.
Don't I have the cutest happy helper?! (in the background)





 The kids have been helping me clean up outside... on the good days... which have been few. We dug up some grass and put down some rock... hopefully it will help keep the grass from invading to bad. We also put some brick around our herb garden. Clayton and Sadie hauled almost all of it... they are really good helpers.



{5.18.11}



No comments: