January is always a dreary month with the cold and snow and the holidays over, but we are trying to have fun anyway.
One night we went for a drive down to the gulch by Aunt Rae's house because there were lots and lots of elk eating a haystack. The pictures I took aren't very good, but they have eaten the haystack all the way to the ground and are on top of what is left. The deer come by day and the elk by night. The elk trail in from the north and there was a long line still coming. It was an amazing sight.
One night we went for a drive down to the gulch by Aunt Rae's house because there were lots and lots of elk eating a haystack. The pictures I took aren't very good, but they have eaten the haystack all the way to the ground and are on top of what is left. The deer come by day and the elk by night. The elk trail in from the north and there was a long line still coming. It was an amazing sight.
We have been trying to enjoy the snow & ice instead of dreading it. A couple weekends ago Alex and Katie brought their kids up to go sledding with us. Willy made a track around the field so it wasn't so deep and pulled us around and around on the hood. The boys took turns being pulled on the snowboards. It was a fun day. I love sledding it makes winter more enjoyable, except I wounded my tailbone when I tried snowboarding.
We are planning on going ice skating out on our pond today or tomorrow so I will have to put some more pictures on later.
{1.21.11}


1 comment:
I am glad you are enjoying the snow. That looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait until spring comes.
Post a Comment