Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Clayton and the flying trampoline

We had a huge scare yesterday. Clayton and Sadie were out playing on the trampoline... I was in the house working on stuff. The wind was blowing a little and I heard something hit the house... I thought it was our swamp cooler falling off the roof so I ran outside and had a panic attack. The trampoline was upside down next to our house... Sadie was standing by the porch screaming... I asked her where Clayton was and then I saw him crawling out from under the trampoline. I grabbed him... laid him on the ground while asking him where he was hurt... he had scratches and bumps on his head... he wouldn't talk to me so I ran in the house and called 911. The ambulance came and picked him up. The nurse there was from Altamont and said she would take Darby so that I could get down to the hospital. (I love this community!!)

Sadie and I drove down and met Willy, Grandma and Grandpa in the ER at the hospital. By the time we got there the doctor had checked him out and said that he looked okay but they wanted a CAT scan to make sure his head was okay. He held really still for the CAT scan... made the nurses laugh... and was very happy to be going home. Cassie was his nurse and she did such a good job taking care of him. It makes me feel better when there is someone that we know there. Besides his scrapes and bruises Clayton had a concussion with a little swelling inside his head, we had to keep a watch on him for 24 hrs but he could go home. It felt good to finally get home with all of our children.

Later Sadie told us that the trampoline flew up, flipped over, hit the house and then fell on the ground while Clayton was on it. She had climbed off to do something else. (Thankfully she wasn't right there beside him, or in worse shape) Willy had to measure to see how far the trampoline flew... it was about 35 feet from where the trampoline was to the house... SCARY!!! I am so very thankful that Clayton is okay except for the bruises and scrapes. It could have been so much worse. I know Heavenly Father blesses our lives and watches over us.

Clayton is very ready to go back to school!! After one day at home, he is tired of not being able to do anything... lol






{4.6.11}


2 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

TOO SCARY!!!!!
OH My Goodness!
Thank heavens he is OK!
Was his nurse our Kassie? She would have been kind.
The stories will be great that both kids will tell in years to come though! lol
SO blessed for sure. :-) Wow.
See you on thursday for ornie swap.

Shelley Dettinger said...

I am so glad he is okay. I couldn't imagine life without cute, witty, little Clayton. Give him a big hug for me. love Becca