Well I have been trying to get our 72hr kits done and it is really hard doing some for the kids because they are always growing so I don't even have any clothes in ours because we don't stay the same size. I am the most worried about food and water. We made some little food kits a couple years ago for Relief Society, but they were too heavy for kids and they had some juice and soup in them so they couldn't be out in the cold.
I wanted some that we could keep out in the shed and that were light for kids... so I came up with these...
*dried apples
*cheese & crackers
*granola bars
*fruit snacks
*gum
*trail mix
*mini cookies
*fruit rollups
*Yogos Bits
*Slim Jims
*Jerky
I filled them as full as I could get them and they aren't very heavy. Perfect for kids! There is no water in them so you have to put water in their packs, but it makes a perfect snack box. I am also thinking about putting one of these in each of our vehicles for emergencies.
I used the left overs for conference and in six months we will get them out and let the kids eat them and then fill them up again.


1 comment:
GREAT ideas! We used to eat ours and trade them out at ever confrence as well. I don't really know what happened to them, but I don't have them any more....I need to make new ones. Now that there is really only three of us at home, you would think that would be easy huh....:-) ♥
Post a Comment