Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Won't You Be My Valentines?

This year I braved the scissors and let the kids cut out their own hearts. I was really surprised how well they did. I drew a pattern on the paper and then they cut them out. On mine I wrote down things that I loved. Clayton and Sadie were so proud of theirs they taped them to their shirts.
Wyatt decided to put his hearts on his Valentines box he made for school. It turned out really good but then we found out that we really didn't need one.
I saw a cute idea on the internet for heart cinnamon rolls, so that is what I made for my family for their Valentines breakfast, but they don't really look like hearts because I let them raise to long; but they sure tasted good. I was so proud.
Since Valentines was on Saturday this year I wanted it to be special because we had the whole day together. I decorated the table cute for breakfast and kept it that way for the whole day.
Here is the window where we taped our hearts we cut out.
I gave my Valentine strawberries for valentines. They were sooooooooo good.
I had fun dipping some in chocolate, but they didn't turn out very pretty.
Willy gave me two bouquets of flowers this year; I was really surprised. I loved it and they are so beautiful.



The Monday before Valentines we had a really good lesson on love. Then our favorite part was the game. We cut out some big hearts and they had a race to see who could get to the other side of the room first, but they had to stay on one of their two hearts and couldn't touch the floor. It was really fun to watch. The kids did really good, and I think they had fun.


When they were done racing, they used the hearts as airplanes and tried to make them fly. It wasn't a great success, but they enjoyed it.I love my family so much and hope that we can be together forever.

No comments: