Thursday, September 6, 2012

yard {work}.... and creations

I am sooooo very behind on so many things. It is going to take me hours on the computer to catch up on my blog. If I didn't make a book every year I wouldn't worry about it... but I do. So here we go.

I was so excited when summer began. I had a notebook page full of things I wanted to accomplish and build. My yard was on the top of that list. Planting a garden, planting trees and flowers, and creating some fun yard accents. The best thing about having flowers in the yard is that you don't have to buy any when you want a bouquet... but I have such a hard time bring myself to cut my flowers because then I know that they will just die. They are so beautiful.
 I am getting my herb garden filled up finally. I planted a few new kinds this year that I grew from seed and they are still alive and growing. Tarragon, Sage, and marjoram. I can't wait till they are big and fill all the space.
 I love daisy's!!! So when I bought this barrel I knew exactly what I wanted to put in it.
 I built these planters and planted wheat. It grew pretty well, but didn't seed out before it died. And the goats didn't help... they kept eating it off.
 I love vines too!!! Our grapevine and honeysuckle are doing magnificent.
 I was going to put these boots out in the yard and plant flowers in them, but they still look pretty good... even though they have a huge hole in the bottom that fills up with sand and water when I wear them... so I decided I would use them as a vase in the house. They turned out very cute.
I have had this window for a very long time trying to decide what to use it for. I finally decided. I painted it and put chicken wire on the back and turned it into a backdrop for my pictures in my room. I really like the knobs on the top.
 I moved the kids' boxes this spring. They work so much better by the fence. Dad gave me some old rubber belting that works great as a weed barrier.
 I love sunflowers so I made this sign... even though we don't have any sunflowers planted in the kids' boxes.
 I finally got my strawberries planted in the metal tank Willy {let me use}. It was working so good until the chickens decided to help out... they smashed them and ate the leaves. Darn chickens!

 This is the beginnings of our garden. It has done amazing this year. I need to take new pictures of it. Willy made this little teepee out of rebar so we could grow some more vines, but they haven't done as well as I hoped they would.

 Here is our sunflower garden planted in tires around the kids play house.
 I really enjoy having a herb garden even though we haven't done much with the herbs yet.
 Willy gave me his old boots so I could plant flowers in them since I didn't use mine.
My list is still pretty long of things I want to build and do... but there is always next year.


{6.2.12}

No comments: