Thursday, September 8, 2011

lets rendezvous...

Darby would not stay off Grandpa's ladder... she loves to climb.




Sadie loves her parasol she got last year... she didn't let it out of her sight.


Davy Crockett Junior...

The kids found some little frogs... it doesn't matter where we go...

I have the cutest family!

cute girls


...our mornings were a little relaxed...

Darby would not let Willy put her down... he didn't mind holding her while he practiced.




Wyatt

Clayton

Sadie our little "blond Indian girl"

Willy

Darby is so cute... but such a pill


Caleb was a good sport when we dared him to ride the bull outside the fort... he did really good and stayed on for a long time.



Clayton won 3rd place in the Archery shoot... he got $20 at counsel fire Saturday night... we had to hurry and take him around to the traders that were still open so he could spend his money... he bought 2 knifes and a fire starting kit.

hawk and knife throw



Willy and the kids couldn't stop chewing on the grass.

This man had 3 snakes for sale... he let Clayton hold the milk snake and the corn snake.

He is too brave


Sunday we looked at all the old buildings with Grandma & Grandpa Hansen... the boys were really anxious to go back to school...lol.
Fort Bridger, Wyoming... so many memories... and this year was a great one! Our original plan was to go up Thursday morning, but on Wednesday, Willy called me from work and asked if I was ready to go... and said he wanted to go up that night... soooo I threw everything I could think of into the camper to finish packing... it was chaotic... and I was a little worried that if we went up that early Willy would get tired of it by Friday and would want to come home, but he didn't... we stayed until
Sunday and had a great time.

The boys and Willy shot in the Archery shoot... they had fun, and need to practice for next year so they can all win. Traders Row is a fun place to buy things and to look at all the people dressed in their different clothing... everyone got something fun and we wore the kids out with all our walking. Camp was eventful as usual... kids running around... teenagers snoozing in chairs... adults playing cards at the tables... the familiar sound of talk and laughter... there is nothing like it in the world.

The kids all had fun dressing up... and they all had clothes... because I frantically threw 2 dresses together for Sadie the Monday before we left... the others had stuff that fit them, but I should start now because I will have to make some new clothes for next year. It will be nice when they stop growing and I won't have to make new things for everyone each year. Thankfully we have hand-me-downs.

I had lots of fun and I need to start sewing while I still have the... bridger bug...lol.


{9.9.11}



No comments: