Monday, September 20, 2010

Plate & Pumpkins

I had a bright idea the other day
(it doesn't happen very often...ha,ha,ha)

I bought this candle stand and wood plate
from DI along time ago.

They have just been sitting around my house
collecting dust,
so I decided I could put them together
and make a cake plate.
It was a fun project and didn't take very long.
I glued the stand to the bottom of the plate.

painted it black,

stained it with wood stain,

and then spray painted a clear coat over the top.

It turned out really good,
and was one of my easier projects.
I also re-did my 3 pumpkins.
(I didn't take a picture
but they were all the same color
and kind of plain)

I unleashed the Dremel tool on them,

painted them black,

then I painted them 3 different colors,

sanded, stained, and put a clear coat over the top.

I had the raffia on them before,
so I just added some wire vines on top.
It was a wonderful FALL project.
And didn't cost me a thing!

{9.20.10}

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That project is one of the cutest I've ever seen! Don't worry if the whole thing goes missing one of these days, it will have a good home. ;)

Jake & Becca said...

You always make the cutest things. I need to check your blog more, you have posted so many cute things. Wyatt's boat, Sadie's hair cut(adorable), the boys going to school, and you will have to show me how to make those scrapbook pages. love ya